How to View the Map
Currently, there are seven map components. Each component can be switched on or off.
- Robinson Atlas: shows the geo-referenced Robinson Atlas map plates: 6-9, 18, 19, 21-23.
- School Boundary: shows the Fillmore School district of 1877
- Fillmore School Location: shows the location of the Fillmore School
- Fillmore School Students: shows markers based on the Fillmore School students’ address data.
- Students Transferred to ‘Colored School’: shows students who were noted as “transferred to colored school” in the 1877 Fillmore School register.
- Black or Mulatto Students (1880 Census): shows students who were classified as either ‘black’ or ‘mulatto’ in the 1880 Census.
- Black or Mulatto Students (1870 Census): shows students who were mentioned as ‘black’ or ‘mulatto’ in the 1870 Census, but not necessarily identified as such in the 1880 Census.
Click markers to learn more about student’s information!